Today i will be going briefly over how to make your very own chicken ramen that not only has some texture and flavor to it, but is significantly more healthy for you.
What you'll need:
- 3 chicken tenderloins
- a package of ramen noodles (Bags of generic dried ramen will do fine)
- Olive oil
- Italian Seasoning (lots of companies make it, any one will do)
- Garlic (chopped)
- Chopped Onions
- Place a medium sized pot of water on the second largest burner of your stove. Set the burner to high.
- Defrost the Chicken tenderloins in the microwave. Use the built in defroster or run the microwave for 1-1.25 minutes on 50% power till the ice on the chicken get's wet and loose. Place tenderloins in a small plastic bag 1 at a time, and with a poultry hammer or the bottom of a pan, flatten the tenderloins out. Cut the tenderloins into cubes or slices and season heavily with the Italian Seasoning on both sides.
- place pan on largest stove burner, pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan, set burner on high. Cover pan with lid. After about a minute, drop your chicken cutlets into the oil and re-cover them immediately. Drop in 2 teaspoons of the garlic after chicken is in.
- Once water in pot is to a boil, place ramen noodles in the pot, and turn the burner off. let the noodles sit for 2-3 minutes.
- flip chicken constantly. After about a minute, place the chopped onions in the pan to sautee with the chicken, re-cover After 1 more minute, turn the burner off on the pan. Check noodles for limpness.
- Strain the ramen noodles and place in a bowl. Then place the chicken in the bowl, making sure to get the extra juice in the pan into the bowl. Stir and Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? How did it taste?